Red Pitaya & LabView Home Bundle

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
ptamike

Red Pitaya & LabView Home Bundle

Post by ptamike » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:07 am

Hi,

I recently bought a Red Pitaya along with the LabView Home Bundle package so I could start experimenting with Red Pitaya. Whilst the LabView Home Bundle is great value, it is based on the 2014 edition of LabView. As a result, the Red Pitaya examples supplied with the Red Pitaya LabView driver won't load. The read.me files says that the examples were saved using a 2015 version of LabView.

Are these examples available (archived?) in the 2014 or earlier LabView format?

I'm sure the examples would be really helpful to get me started so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Mike

redpitaya
Site Admin

Re: Red Pitaya & LabView Home Bundle

Post by redpitaya » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:00 am

Hi,

The Examples should work for LabView
2010 or later.

Did you follow this instructions
under LabView Section.?

Best RP

ptamike

Post by ptamike » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:46 pm

Yes, I followed the instructions in that article. All is ok until I select one of the examples and I get the following message in a popup:

LabVIEW: Files version is later than the current LabVIEW version.

An error occurred loading IV 'Generates signal on external trigger.vi'
LabVIEW load error code 9: VI version (15.0) is newer than LabVIEW version (14.0.1f3).

I've tried most of the examples and they all fail with the same error.

Any ideas?

Mike

ptamike

Post by ptamike » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:36 pm

One other point. In the downloaded directory containing the examples there's a readme.txt file with the following message:
Examples were developed against the first driver release on 2015-04-13

Primoz Perusek

Post by Primoz Perusek » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:07 am

Hi Mike,

For the test I downloaded, the Red Pitaya LV driver from the bottom of this page: http://redpitaya.com/control/ (If it doesn't show the LabVIEW content first, then open some other tab and reopen the LabVIEW tab - some HTML error I found) where I clicked the LabVIEW tab and then the Red_Pitaya_LabVIEW_Driver&Examples.zip link which downloads the driver. Then I opened the zip file and went to this folder: Red_Pitaya_LabVIEW_Driver&Examples_v0.8 .zip\RedPitaya\Examples . There I opened any example VI (With LabVIEW 2013) and checked the source version http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/ ... C40069C17F (a version of LabVIEW at which the .vi was saved). On the image below you can see the source version marked blue. (Ignore the red marked current revision)
RP_Example_Version_2010.PNG
But I don't have the LabVIEW home bundle to test on it. So if you follow my testing procedure and it still doesn't open the VI, then please submit some screenshots where you have downloaded the VI, and a popup of the error.

I suggest you try the LabVIEW examples from the example finder in the LabVIEW software after setting up the Red Pitaya LabVIEW driver.
You can access example VIs by going to:

Help -> Find Examples...
click Search tab
Enter "RedPitaya" in Enter keyword(s) field
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ptamike

Post by ptamike » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:15 am

Progress!

This time I tried opening the examples from the download folder rather than moving the Red Pitaya folder to the instr.lib folder as per instructions. That worked and all the examples open without any version number error. However, if I try to open the same examples from within the instr.lib folder I get the version error. I can cope with that as I'll just leave the examples in a different folder.
The only thing that's odd about my installation is that the LabVIEW Home Bundle is installed on drive J: in a Program Files structure as opposed to the more conventional C: drive.
If you want to get to the bottom of this I'm happy to cooperate.

I now have an Error 63 TCP Open error when I run the VI but that should be easy to fix as I'm sure I've seen that documented on the forum.

Primoz Perusek

Post by Primoz Perusek » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:31 pm

Ok, on the same page: http://redpitaya.com/control/ did you go through steps 1 and 2 before starting any LabVIEW program?

pawantanwar

Post by pawantanwar » Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:10 pm

you can consider upgrading your LabView version to a more recent one that is compatible with the examples provided
thanks and regards
pawantanwar
https://www.multispanindia.com

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie