Default Gateway

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
Gordon.H

Default Gateway

Post by Gordon.H » Sun May 01, 2016 7:07 pm

I am trying to find how to get the right address to put in the "Default Gateway" line when setting up a static IP connection. I copied what was in the file on the RP, but Windows 10 says "The default Gateway cannot be found". How do I determine the correct address for this line in the setup?

jerzydziewierz

Re: Default Gateway

Post by jerzydziewierz » Mon May 02, 2016 9:17 am

Gordon.H wrote:I am trying to find how to get the right address to put in the "Default Gateway" line when setting up a static IP connection. I copied what was in the file on the RP, but Windows 10 says "The default Gateway cannot be found". How do I determine the correct address for this line in the setup?
what are you trying to do? connect your windows box to the internet Through Red pitaya?

if it is the other way around, how about simply setting your relevant win10 internet connection port to share the internet over the port that you use for RP?

Gordon.H

Post by Gordon.H » Mon May 30, 2016 3:54 pm

I have a direct cable connection to my Win 10 PC from the RP. The PC is using wifi to access the internet. I bought a wifi dongle and tried it, but it is a Linksys AE6000, and the RP sees it but apparently has no drivers for it, so it is useless. I should have looked more into it first... I ordered the supported wifi dongle, but it will be a while before it arrives, and I was hoping to use the RP in the mean time.
My router is about 100 feet away, and a direct cable connection would be difficult. So I was hoping to get the RP to see the internet in some way . Is there a way to have the wired and wireless network adapters "bridge" or something so this possible.
I have had the RP for about a year IIRC, and I would like to actually do something with it!
It will start the oscilloscope in demo mode, but I need to use it as a function generator. When I first got the RP, it seems like there were some free apps that could be used, including a function generator or signal generator.

Nils Roos

Post by Nils Roos » Mon May 30, 2016 11:07 pm

You can manually (offline-) install the free apps. See here under "Manually downloading and installing free applications."

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie