Problem with booting up

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
albertryou

Problem with booting up

Post by albertryou » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:50 pm

Hi all,

I've been exploring my Red Pitaya for some time now, and today I thought I'd try using Visual Programming. The first step was to download a file called "wyliodrin.json" but when I put that file on to the microSD and then put the microSD into the Red Pitaya, the Red Pitaya would no longer start. Only the green LED was lit. According to the starter FAQ, this indicated a problem with reading the microSD. Of course, I couldn't SSH and I couldn't get to the apps page by typing in the IP address into the browser either.

I deleted the "wyliodrin.json" file but still just the green LED, no blue or red. I thought maybe the microSD's boot file was somehow corrupted and so I re-burned the image, but still the problem remained.

BUT, I had a spare Red Pitaya, and on this Red Pitaya, it booted up without any problem with the same microSD card.

Now I suspect that somehow the original Red Pitaya remains in some limbo because I tried and failed at the Visual Programming stage. Is it possible that the "wyliodrin.json" corrupted the "read-from-microSD-at-start-up" sequence?

Any help would be appreciated.

Nils Roos

Re: Problem with booting up

Post by Nils Roos » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:45 am

Hi,

the boot loader that initiates booting from the sd-card is unalterable. Nothing that could influence the boot process is stored on the Red Pitaya itself.

I suggest you disconnect everything from your Red Pitaya, then connect only the sd-card and the power supply. Check for bent pins on the sd-card-socket and the other connectors. If the sd-card is OK (as verified with your backup RP) and you still can't get to the "blue led lit" stage, a hardware problem is the most likely explanation.
Call support@redpitaya.com for further assistance.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie