Using Apps Offline?

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
wbtaylor

Using Apps Offline?

Post by wbtaylor » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:42 pm

I think this an awesome product, especially for Ham Radio... I'm wondering if I'll have the ability to use all the features...i.e. Oscope, Spectrum Analyzer, SDR without being connected to the internet? This could really put a damper on my needs if I couldn't access the apps unless an active connection exists, and probably be the only reason for me not purchasing one.

Nils Roos

Re: Using Apps Offline?

Post by Nils Roos » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:55 pm

You don't need to be connected to the internet in order to run the bazaar applications, a local / private network is sufficient.

Installing apps is easier with an internet connection, but there are other ways, too.

pavel

Post by pavel » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:58 pm

wbtaylor wrote:I think this an awesome product, especially for Ham Radio... I'm wondering if I'll have the ability to use all the features...i.e. Oscope, Spectrum Analyzer, SDR without being connected to the internet?
The Internet connection isn't required for running the applications that you mention.

However, the Internet connection could be helpful when installing the applications from the Red Pitaya application marketplace. Once the applications are installed they can run without the Internet connection.

All the SDR applications can be installed without the Red Pitaya application marketplace by downloading the pre-built SD card images from http://pavel-demin.github.io/red-pitaya-notes

wbtaylor

Post by wbtaylor » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:05 pm

GREAT!!! I'll be ordering one tomorrow... I'm a total noob to SDR in general, but the oscope and analyzer, etc... are all going to help in my building of an awesome SDR set up that will include the RED Pitaya. I can't wait to get started now. Thank You for your replies!!!!

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie