Is there a Red Pitaya emulator?

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
albertryou2

Is there a Red Pitaya emulator?

Post by albertryou2 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:30 am

Hi,
Is there a Red Pitaya emulator, for instance to check some code that runs SCPI commands without an actual physical Red Pitaya?
Thanks,
Albert

Nils Roos

Re: Is there a Red Pitaya emulator?

Post by Nils Roos » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:31 pm

I don't believe there (officially) is, but it shouldn't be very hard to create one for scpi-parsing and communication purposes. Take the sources of the scpi-server and replace all calls into the RP api with dummies. The dummies should return RP_OK and mock data as needed. Compile for your host platform and run and connect to locally instead of to a real RP.

If your intention is to emulate the physical behaviour as well - like, what waveform is generated in response to a certain sequence of scpi commands - the dummies will need to get very sophisticated. In that case your probably better off using a real RP.

lene85

Re: Is there a Red Pitaya emulator?

Post by lene85 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:27 pm

Hi albertryou2,
for all testing purposes I have one RedPitaya that is hooked up to the internet that I use for testing with travis-ci (I only need it like once per day, but it is very practical). If you are interested, PM me your email address and I'll send you the login information. Wich version of the OS are you expecting? I think I currently run v0.95. However, things are a little bit slower than over LAN.

More generally, I suggest the RedPitaya crew do the same thing officially, as it would be a great publicity (and I would love to use their redpitaya for my unitary tests instead of my own).

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie