DRC rule violation error when large variables are used

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
blevlab

DRC rule violation error when large variables are used

Post by blevlab » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:14 am

Hello,

I'm new to programming on the Red Pitaya and I'm having problems with the implementation step of the FIR filter program I'm trying to write. I'm working off of the red_pitaya_vivado_project.tcl and when I make my variables too large (~4kilobytes, 8 unpacked groups of 256 packed bytes each specifically) I get an error like this:

ERROR: [DRC 23-20] Rule violation (PDCY-4) CARRY4 unconnected input - CARRY input pin(s) dac_dat_b_reg[13]_i_2/DI[0] are unconnected. These pins must be connected to a signal or tied to VCC or GND when output pin dac_dat_b_reg[13]_i_2/O[1] is used.

The actual pin that's unconnected changes depending on what parts of red_pitaya_top.v I disable, but it's never a variable in the source file I made. Is the FPGA just naturally running out of space or is it something I forgot to do with the original project template?

Thanks in advance!

Nils Roos

Re: DRC rule violation error when large variables are used

Post by Nils Roos » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:31 pm

That's difficult to answer without the full logs or the means to reproduce it. It may be that some specific resources are exhausted, which may have caused a logged warning in earlier stages of the process.
You said it occurs when you make your variables too large; try making them just small enough that the error does not appear and then examine the utilization report (Tab "Report", the one from "Place Design"). Maybe that tells you more.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie