No Access to Logic Analyser

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
exegll

No Access to Logic Analyser

Post by exegll » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:15 am

Hi, I have just received my RP Kit which included a license for the logic analyzer. I have entered the licence code on my equipment page, and it shows:

Unlocked applications:
Logic Analyzer BASIC APP

However when I try to access the analyzer it keeps ruining in demo mode and tells me to buy a license! Is there another step I have to take to be able to use the logic analyzer?

Barry

redpitaya
Site Admin

Re: No Access to Logic Analyser

Post by redpitaya » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:49 am

Hi,

Try to download the latest beta image
http://redpitaya.readthedocs.io/en/late ... Dcard.html
and prepare SD card.
With the latest OS it should unlock it.
If you encounter some issues just contact us
directly on support@redpitaya.com

Best, RP

exegll

Re: No Access to Logic Analyser

Post by exegll » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:07 pm

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

I downloaded the Beta version and ran it. When I selected Logic Analyser, the programme loads and displays, then two message banners are displayed, one at the bottom right

You are Working in Demo Mode

The other across the top of the window (different to the previous OS ) that says

License Missing

It gives me 3 choices
Get Unlock Key
Apply Unlock Key
Close

Get Unlock Key takes me to the RedPitaya site to buy a key
Apply Unlock Key takes me to the RedPitaya site MY EQUIPMENT, which shows:

Unlocked Applications:
Logic Analyser BASIC APP

If I try to re-enter the key it shows a message Invalid Unlock Code (I assume because the code has been used already?)

Any other suggestions as to how I can use the Logic Analyser?

Barry

exegll

FIXED Re: No Access to Logic Analyser

Post by exegll » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:51 am

After help from Rok and Zumret at RedPitaya, the problem embarrassingly was at my end and nothing to do with RP. I tried accessing the Logic Analyser from an Android tablet and it worked. Tried accessing it from another computer with a similar setup (Win 10 and Chrome) it worked. Tried from the original computer with Firefox, it worked. Tried again from the original computer with Chrome, it failed!!

Uninstalled Chrome, stripped out every reference I could find for chrome in the file system and registry, re installed chrome and it worked.

Thanks to the guys from RedPitaya, and sorry to have wasted your time.

Barry

thomash

Re: No Access to Logic Analyser -- problem solved --

Post by thomash » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:49 am

In order to cope with license problems always follow
the instruction under
_ttp://redpitaya.readthedocs.io/en/latest/quickStart/quickStart.html

Important is: alway update to the main SW release by downloading and installing
the latest OS zip file. The web interface of the RP device allows minor update within
one major SW release only.

redpitaya
Site Admin

No more demo mode!

Post by redpitaya » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:29 am

Thank you for posting.
Newer builds do not require a license. Since release 0.97 all applications are unlocked by default. Users don’t need to register or apply unlock keys anymore.

To benefit from the new software environment you just need to update the OS image on your SD card.
Here is a step by step tutorial: https://redpitaya.readthedocs.io/en/lat ... Dcard.html
Just one warning, please backup first your content or maybe use another SD card for this, as there is one option missing, the visual programming part. This was removed also because less than 1% of customers was using it and we were paying unnecessary licence fees for it.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie