Calibration and after effects

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
darko.sturlan

Calibration and after effects

Post by darko.sturlan » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:45 pm

Hi,
First, i would like to introduce myself briefly, young electronics engineer, small business owner, have little software development background and familiar with IT tech.

I received my Red Pitaya 125.14 board, first assembled it within a case, connect it and updated OS.
Osiloscope Voltage measurements are not valid, i search through user documentaion and user manuals found on web, and no where calibration was mentioned.
There was some command line calibration "tutorials" but they were not very well explained and i don't have that kind of knowledge to feel comfortable to lean into it.
I found on this forum (read all 14 pages of search results for "calibration") that lots of users had this problem and none official answer by the RP team.
I managed to find a stable source and calibrate the device, tested and it works well, but then other things broke down.

I CAN'T ENTER SCOPE+GEN APP:
It calls: "Could not initialize application with default parameters."

So therefor i can't use function generator app, also can't install none of the other scope/gen apps from bazaar, the wheel starts turning and the page reloads, but the app is not installed.
I restarted the calibration to factory defaults, so i loose accuracy but gain function generator again.

Is there a way to have both working?

Thank you!

Also it would be nice to have a OFFICIAL user documentation with calibration manual - because if you follow the instruction from the Scope Pro app it seems you have to change the gain jumpers from LV to HV with the device turned on during the calibration and i am just not comfortable to do it without manufacturers notice that it's ok to do it.

Hope to get some valid answers, i see many users that had problems with caibration, but none with apps not starting after calibration.

Thanks in advance!

Nils Roos

Re: Calibration and after effects

Post by Nils Roos » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:27 pm

Hi,

could you take a look into /var/log/redpitaya_nginx/debug.log (or post it here)? When an app fails to load, you will usually find some diagnostics in there.
Also it would be nice to have a OFFICIAL user documentation with calibration manual
This is the official documentation for the calibration procedure - one of the two documented methods is "use scopegenpro". Because scopegenpro is not open source, I can't help you with problems that occur with it, contact support@redpitaya.com about these issues.

Good luck
Nils

darko.sturlan

Post by darko.sturlan » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:06 pm

Hi,
Thank you for your quick answer!
So please then confirm that official process of calibration includes changing jumpers from LV to HV while device is turned on.
If you confirm i will recalibrate and then post the debug log.

Thnx!
Darko

Nils Roos

Post by Nils Roos » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:39 pm

So please then confirm that official process of calibration includes changing jumpers from LV to HV while device is turned on.
I am not acting on behalf of the Red Pitaya company, so I can't "officially confirm" anything. Write to support@redpitaya.com if you want an official statement.

darko.sturlan

Post by darko.sturlan » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:47 am

OK. I will wait if any members of the RP team will answer.

I did found out more on the ScopGen app, i recalibrated with app uninstalled, and when i installed, it's gain settings were on LV, and when i transfered to HV app crashed with error:

Data receiving failed.
Error status: parsererror

Sope Only app exits with (on same setting change):

Error while sending data (E3).

Does this help?

bhaskarm

Post by bhaskarm » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:40 pm

Hello Darko,
I cannot give you an official answer either but I have used the scope pro application to calibrate my red pitaya. You have to change the jumpers only if you want to calibrate the HV inputs. If you just want to use the LV (and the DAC) output, you can ignore the instruction to switch jumpers. Just ground the inputs when it asks you to and enter 0V when it asks you for the reference voltage on the next prompt. It will give you an error which you can ignore and keep going with the calibration process. Your HV inputs will be very inaccurate after this but LV and DAC output will be calibrated.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie