Problem installing app (PID) from the app marketplace

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
LC

Problem installing app (PID) from the app marketplace

Post by LC » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:24 am

Hello!

I'm new to the red pitaya.

I want to use it as a PID controller but I have a problem installing the PID controller app.

I'm based in China so the connectivity to the red pitaya website is rather slow. When I try to connect to the marketplace or to upgrade the OS (I have the 0.96-20 version), it tells me that the red pitaya is offline. However, I connected with ssh to the red pitaya and tried to ping different websites, it's slow but seems to work: baidu works (google is blocked here), redpitaya.com works but bazaar.redpitaya.com does not. The ping is a bit high though.

I couldn't find a way to install a VPN on he red pitaya (it seems that it's not possible to install any package...?).

I wanted to download manually the app as described here in the documentation but archives.redpitaya.com is offline!

Does anyone have the files for the PID controller?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

izi

Re: Problem installing app (PID) from the app marketplace

Post by izi » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:37 am

Anything related to the PID controller was not updated for a long time.
We switched the compiler (from armel to armhf), I think between 0.93 and 0.94,
so you would have to use the old release to run the old app.

Old releases could be found here (inside dirs named by the version):
http://downloads.redpitaya.com/downloads/
And an archieve of old apps is here:
http://downloads.redpitaya.com/archive/apps-armel/

There might be newer code somewhere, but i do not know about it.

Regards,
Iztok Jeras

LC

Post by LC » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:03 am

I could download the app and get it running. I haven't downgraded the OS, does it matter?

Somehow the PID program has some bugs (the Kp parameter has little influence), could it be related to the OS version?

thank you for your help

izi

Post by izi » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:52 pm

I did a rewrite of the PID code from Verilog to system Verilog, there should be no functional changes, but I did not test the code (there is no specification or bench yet) so it is possible I introduced regressions. I do not remember when I did the changes, but the 0.93 FPGA firmware is almost certainly unchanged.

But as I told, PID was not updated in 2 years, and I have no ideas if it works or not.

Regards,
Iztok Jeras

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie