OS 9.7-336 does not work on STEM 14 and Windows 10-1703

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
RolfSb

OS 9.7-336 does not work on STEM 14 and Windows 10-1703

Post by RolfSb » Tue May 09, 2017 1:54 pm

Ok, after a longer pause I reactivated by redpitaya and started to download the latest version of the OS from the download server:
redpitaya_ubuntu_15-04-44_23-feb-2017.img

On Windows 10 only the recent DiskImager was able writing the image onto the SD-Card, creating two partitions.

Result: I can't get any applications!

The board works after applying the LAN and Power-USB-cable, the blue and green LEDs are constantly on, the red is blinking , I can access the unit via WinSCP and PutTTY, can login as root user, can check the Internet-Access via ping to any URL, all this works as usual.

But when I call the board either by the URL-Name rp-xxyyzz or rp-xxyyzz.local or via IP-address in Chrome or Firefox (both at latest update level) an empty page pops up and I see three rotating arcs. For hours, if I would accept that. There is no selection table for application shown.

Since the same happens in Ubuntu-Linux either with Firefox, I think, there must be a big issue in coding somewhere in the html-pages of OS 9.7-336

RolfSb

Re: OS 9.7-336 does not work on STEM 14 and Windows 10-1703

Post by RolfSb » Tue May 09, 2017 2:23 pm

Sorry, just reconfirmed: It works on Ubuntu 17.04 and Firefox

RolfSb

Re: OS 9.7-336 does not work on STEM 14 and Windows 10-1703

Post by RolfSb » Tue May 09, 2017 4:11 pm

Strange: Under LINUX I've set-up the redpitaya as WiFi Access Point. It worked.

Then I rebooted my PC as Windows PC. The SSID of the Access Point was available and I was able to establish the connection to this. Entering the IP-Address in Firefox displayed the selection table for the applications, but not the button "Application Store". Windows either reported for this WLAN connection "No Internet Access". Note: The redpitaya is connected via LAN-Cable to the router.

However, when I used PuTTY and entered the unit as root user it is possible to ping any URL world wide.

My conclusion: Somethings works not correctly in case the communcation Network ==> STEM 14 is run exclusively over LAN Cable, and the PC used runs Windows (10).

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie