Lock in Amplifier

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
Ste_Trat

Lock in Amplifier

Post by Ste_Trat » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:50 am

Hi all,

Just came a across a problem which needs a lock in amp, and my red pitaya is just sitting around waiting for a job. After little research i found, that some guys tried to implement a lock-in on the rp, but i haven´t found any detailed description on how to do that.

3 things are coming up to my mind:
- an analog lock in
- a variant with gnuradio
- a fully digital one implemented on the red pitaya

Has anyone of you, in his or her life, came a across an affordable idea or solution within a frequency range of a few tens of kHz ?

any hints are appreciated

mkphuthi

Re: Lock in Amplifier

Post by mkphuthi » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:40 am

Feel free to see my post 'Improvements to my Lock in Amplifier implementation with PyRPL "

keramatnejad

Re: Lock in Amplifier

Post by keramatnejad » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:03 pm

Hello,

I just came across your impressive work. I am also working on using the redpitaya as the locked-in amplifier. I know I can demodulate a signal with extracting "iq2" and "iq2-2" values as X and Y and I have successfully tested this. However, I have to demodulate two signals. In other words, I need another set of "iq2, and iq2-2" for the demodulation of the second signal.

Option 1: I believe one way is to use another redpitaya for the demodulation of the second signal. However, I am having difficulty syncing the two Redpitayas. Right now, the iq2 and iq2-2 of the second redpitaya constantly changing due to this issue. Therefore, I was wondering if there is a way sync the demodulation reference signals for both of the redpitayas. Both signals need to be demodulated with a singles reference signal.

Option 2: Is there a way, maybe a code, that could be used to set the iq0 and iq1 as another iq2 and iq2-2 and therefore only use one redpitaya for the demodulation of the two signals?

I appreciate it if you share any knowledge or experience on this issue.

Best Regards,

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie