Looking for Advance Osciloscope in Red Pitaya

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
omereis

Looking for Advance Osciloscope in Red Pitaya

Post by omereis » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:32 pm

Hi All,
I'm looking for a red pitaya scope software that will allow trigger, sampling rate, and time window setting.
For example, I'd like to sample every 1 microsecond (sampling rate) for 10 milliseconds (time window), from the time the input reaches 20 mV (trigger)

Any suggestions, except developing my own?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Omer.

LeNe

Re: Looking for Advance Osciloscope in Red Pitaya

Post by LeNe » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:00 am

Maybe try www.pyrpl.org? The scope there does not have all the features you want (sampling rate and duration are coupled, with duration = 2**14 / sampling rate, because the scope buffer is always completely filled). But at least you can select any reasonable power of two for the sampling time, in units of the 8 ns minimum sampling time.

alex123go

Re: Looking for Advance Osciloscope in Red Pitaya

Post by alex123go » Mon May 04, 2020 5:03 pm

I'm working on a project that might interest you.

It's a oscilloscope made with the Red Pitaya which use the DDR3-SDRAM instead of the BRAM.

The sampling rate is fixed to 125MHz, but it can acquire up to 16 MSamples (or 8 MSamples if using 2 channels), which is greather than your 10 ms window (1.25 MSamples at 125 MHz). You can then downsample in post-processing if needed.

Adding the trigger function is in my to do list.

You can have a look at my project here : https://github.com/alex123go/RedPitaya_Acquisition

It's my first project, so don't hesitate if anything is unclear or if you need help.

Also, if you have ideas on how to improve my project, please let me know.

Hope it helps you.

Alex

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie