Ideas on how to timestamp data from MCA app with no internet connection?

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
earlforeal

Ideas on how to timestamp data from MCA app with no internet connection?

Post by earlforeal » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:04 am

Hi all,

I am a complete noob with Red Pitaya, although I do have experience with coding, specifically matlab. I am a graduate student picking up the pieces of an unfinished project that was began by another person. With this being said, I know it will be a steep learning curve, but I'm already on it! I will not bore you all with simple questions, at least I hope.

So here's what I need to do: I have a proportional radiation counter. It produces a pulse whose height is proportional in size to the energy of the radiation that made it. An MCA then records and bins these pulses for a set time scale (say 10 seconds), saves the MCA output file which would include the timestamp of when the spectrum was taken. Repeat indefinitely, or until power turned off. The redpitaya needs to automatically begin this process as soon as it is powered on. The timestamp associated with each spectrum is crucial, so the pitaya's clock (whatever it is, thats essentially what I'm asking for advice on) needs to keep time no matter if the board is powered on, or off.

The only problem I've found so far, is that the red pitaya does not have an internal clock. It gets its time via pinging over some network, right? So are there any options to circumvent this?

Thank you all for your time, and I look forward to learning more about the red pitaya and its community!

earl

redpitaya
Site Admin

Re: Ideas on how to timestamp data from MCA app with no internet connection?

Post by redpitaya » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:05 pm

HI, thank you for your post and please check this thread:
viewtopic.php?t=464

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie