Cannot start any application on RP.

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
NL_Toontje

Cannot start any application on RP.

Post by NL_Toontje » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:31 pm

After some years I undusted my RP STEM 125-14 V1.0 because I want to measure some inductors with the LCR kit.
My PC runs Linux Mint 20, so I use Firefox to connect to the RP.

I can connect to the RP on the local ip-address, but with every application I try to start I keep on seeing these turning 1/3 circles.

So, after some tries I succeeded in upgrading the firmware to the latest Red Pitaya OS 0.99-48 STEM 14.
(Writing the SD-card with the Linux Mint 'USB Image Writer' only resulted in rebooting the old firmware 0.98-694. Only after I used dd to write the image to the SD-card, I see the new FW version number in the right bottom of the screen).

But the problem stays the same. Each application I try to start only results in turning circles.....

I also noticed that the MAC-address of the RP looks very strange in my router:
192.168.X.Y ffd5.4b62.3600.0200. Oct 07 2020 03:00 PM Automatic
00ab.11e7.0f6e.63f8.
d8fb.4f
Do I also have to update the applications on the RP or is that automatically done when upgrading the FW?

I appreciate any answer!

NL_Toontje

Re: Cannot start any application on RP.

Post by NL_Toontje » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:46 am

On a Windows PC with Firefox it works?????
Now working on a Windows VM with Firefox on my Mint PC and that also seems to work......

Struggling a bit with the accuracy of the LCR meter.

NL_Toontje

Post by NL_Toontje » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:48 am

For who is interested:
I installed Chrome on Linux Mint 20 and that works where Firefox doesn't work.

Now I would like to figure out what is the problem wit the MAC-address so I can give the RP a fixed IP and I don't have to search in my DHCP server to the IP that has been assigned to the RP this time.+

jmontse

Post by jmontse » Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:58 pm

The same happens to me. Also using the first version 14 bits. Turns and turns and nothing comes out. Also tried to install the latest version but nothing... Neither connected to the router nor with a direct lan connection or as wifi hotspot....

I had the RedPitaya stored for nealy one year and as I remember from the period I was using it that was quite "picky" regarding the startup of applications and hanging frquently... Its a pity ...

I will give a try with previous FW versions to see if I can run the programs, if not, I will burn it as an offer to the Hell gods ... :-)

UPDATED: Firefox works OK with rev 0.97, but the latest revision 1.04 works with Chrome, Brave, Edge, and Firefox . Be aware that now it takes a while until the screen is fully updated... just wait for a while.

redpitaya
Site Admin

Post by redpitaya » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:48 pm

Only time this happens is if you have adblock enabled in your browser.
You can disable it for the Red Pitaya unit and it will work fine. Recommended browser is an up to date google chrome.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie