Problems connecting through SSH & SCPI simultaneously

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
Gbellport

Problems connecting through SSH & SCPI simultaneously

Post by Gbellport » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:24 pm

Hello. I am currently working on a project that requires me to SSH into the RP to talk to a device plugged into its USB port. At the same time I need to generate custom waveforms (fast out) and perform acquisition (fast in), both of which I do with python through SCPI.

I've noticed that using the two connections (scpi & ssh) in tandem can cause some problems. For instance, part of my program requires running a python script in the RP which loads the FPGA overlay and pulses some of the DIOs. Then when I try to generate waveforms with the fast outs or turn on/off some of the DIOs through the scpi commands, the commands don't seem to work. Is this because the overlay was previously loaded in a script in the RP?

Naturally I am looking into ways to transition everything to scripts in the RP and only using the SSH connection, but I am still very familiar with and like using the scpi remote programming. Is there an efficient way to use both connections simultaneously, or was this not meant to be the way the RP is used?

redpitaya
Site Admin

Re: Problems connecting through SSH & SCPI simultaneously

Post by redpitaya » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:15 am

Running things in parallel can cause problems since each script will reinitialize FPGA at its startup.

We would recommend doing it all via SCPI or by script or writing a C program.

mao1982

Re: Problems connecting through SSH & SCPI simultaneously

Post by mao1982 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:47 pm

Hello, good morning.
I have a question, I am trying to create a graph of the buffer data that I extract from the Pitaya using C language in shell, but I tried gnuplot did not work, qt did not work either, the c graphics.h libraries do not work there, but when I try them on desktop they run without any problem.
Would you be so kind to tell me or guide me which library should be used when working in C language inside ssh, please.

Very kindly .

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie