Help me get a 122-88 skimming with Pavel's apps (Solved)

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
rdavies6

Help me get a 122-88 skimming with Pavel's apps (Solved)

Post by rdavies6 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:24 pm

Hi

I'm trying to commission a 122-88 to work as two receivers/16 bands for a skimming setup...and I've hit an issue that has stumped me, and I'm looking to see if anyone has any suggestions on how to resolve the concern. I don't think the issue is with the Pavel's apps...but more likely a network issue.

I have the 122-88 setup and running in my LAN on an IP address of 192.168.4.11 with Pavel's latest release (20220322). The IP address is always served via DHCP for that RP's MAC address. I can ssh into the RP, and the menu web page for the device works correctly, and I can run the LED blinker successfully (blue and green lights on the RP, and the flashing amber LED).

I can run the sdr_transceiver_hpsdr_122_88 app, and the RP talks to PowerSDR running on my Windows client. I've also been able to run a limited CW Skimmer on the Windows client talking to the transceiver app as well. Again, blue and green lights are steadily light whilst the transceiver app runs. This suggest the HermesIntf/CWSL_Tee and CW Skimmer setup are OK (at least for the first receiver)

When I try and run the sdr_receiver_hpsdr_122_88 app the blue light flashes briefly and then only the green light is left on, and the RP disconnects from the network (but returns after about a minute). If I try and run the receiver start.sh shellscript manually, there is an error message "Can't find device mvl0". CW Skimmer isn't able to connect to the RP...so I assume the app is not running.

The Windows client is a Proxmox VM running on the same LAN, and I have also used another (Mac) client (via wifi) to ssh to the RP and access the menu web page.

Network topology is gigabit ethernet from Proxmox server and RP to a Cisco switch, and the switch is connected to a Draytek router (where the DHCP server is located). Static DHCP reservations have been setup on the DHCP server for the RP ( both the base MAC and the second MAC used for the second receiver). The LAN/subnet are VLAN tagged (assigned by the switch).

I'm pretty sure this is a network configuration issue...but I just don't know where to start. If anyone has any ideas, I'd be very pleased to try them out...as right now I'm a bit stuck.

Thanks
Robin
G7VKQ
Last edited by rdavies6 on Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

rdavies6

Re: Help me get a 122-88 skimming with Pavel's apps

Post by rdavies6 » Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:10 am

For anyone following along...the problem has been resolved. With some help from Stefan DC7DS (who provided a voice of sanity and reason), after a few tests he suggested it might be worth trying a different power supply. During the setup I had grabbed the power supply from another RP...and it looks like that SMPS is not up to the job! Swapping out the SMPS worked perfectly, and I now have two 8-band receivers happily skimming away!

Longer term I have a nice Bel Power 5V 3A linear PSU I plan to use :D

Thanks
Robin
G7VKQ

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie