No Blue LED troubleshooting help

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
avsteele

No Blue LED troubleshooting help

Post by avsteele » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:10 pm

Hi Everyone.

I am unable to get my stemLAB 125-14 set up. The Green LED is on but no blue LED, indicating a problem with boot i believe.
  • I downloaded the StemLAB 125-...1.04-11_stable image.
  • I inserted the SD card wit the supplied SD-microSD adapter into my Laptop.
  • I used Win32DiskImager 1.0 with the supplied SD card to apply the image to the SD card.
  • After this I examined it in `diskmgmt` in windows and I can see it has a 118MD FAT partition, a 3.30 GB FAT partition and 36.31 GB unallocated.
  • I inserted the SD card into the RP board until it clicked in.
  • I powered the board with the right micro-USB connector. I used a 5V, 2.1A max supply.
The green LED is on solid and the #8 orange LED is on dimly. No other LEDs appear to be lit. The CPU heat sink is a little warm. Looking at the DCHP table in my router it does not appear the board has requested an IP.

Thanks for any help.

avsteele

Re: No Blue LED troubleshooting help

Post by avsteele » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:58 pm

*SOLVED*

On further inspection. I noticed some slight flickering in the green LED (it is so bright its hard to notice at first). Suspecting a power issue I replaced the (rather long) usb cable connecting the adapter to the RP with a much shorter one.

Now it boots up fine. (I also noticed that the latest stable image has changed to -18, so i am using that, but this isn't the fix as it didn't work even with -18 until i fixed the power cable)

juretrn

Re: No Blue LED troubleshooting help

Post by juretrn » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:18 am

For further reference - the power supply for the RP needs to be powerful enough, as stated in our readthedocs.

And USB cables don't like to be too long as it is, especially as their wires are generally quite thin.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie