alphanumeric codes bundled with Calibrated Kit

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
fgeorgy

alphanumeric codes bundled with Calibrated Kit

Post by fgeorgy » Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:17 pm

Hi,

I bought a Red Pitaya V1.1 Calibrated Diagnostic Kit back in 2016. When I received it, there was a small piece of paper with two alphanumeric codes, one for the Oscilloscope and one for the Spectrum analyzer.

I haven't used my RP for a while and now that I have a real good use case for it, I think my RP is giving me wrong values, it is not calibrated at all.

Are these alphanumeric codes that were delivered with my Calibrated Kit in 2016 related to the calibration of my RP? What am I supposed to do with them?

How can I be sure my RP is still calibrated?

Thanks for any help.

redpitaya
Site Admin

Re: alphanumeric codes bundled with Calibrated Kit

Post by redpitaya » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:10 pm

The two alphanumerical codes were used for software licensing back then (so as to unlock Oscilloscope and Spectrum analyzer applications). Since then Red Pitaya's software became open-source and all the applications are completely free.

The difference between the calibrated and standard kit is that the calibrated kit goes through additional calibration process at the factory/production.

The calibration values are stored in the EEPROM, so they are not erased with software updates. What might have happened is that since 2016 the newer software versions read/store the calibration values a bit differently than before. I would suggest that you use the calibration app to re-calibrate your Red Pitaya:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLCa9oU7DMI

fgeorgy

Re: alphanumeric codes bundled with Calibrated Kit

Post by fgeorgy » Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:37 pm

Well, I paid for a calibrated RP because I don't have the possibility to calibrate it myself.

Now, I lost the calibration because of a software update? In that case, you could offer a way to recover these calibration values or maybe even a re-calibration service? The current situation is not fair.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie