Updating OS with balenaEtcher

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
Bulova

Updating OS with balenaEtcher

Post by Bulova » Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:16 pm

Hello,
unfortunately nobody could help me regarding my WiFi problem. I found by myself, that the Fritz-box upgrade made an new sort of IP addresses, and the old RP IP was not valid anymore. So I corrected it and then the RP run again. But only as long as an App is running. When it is closed or when I go back to the Apps menu, RP does not communicate anymore.
So I decided to run an update to the newest OS. But I have seen, that my current OS is 1.04 Build 7, so it is not too old I think. But even if I want to make an update, it is not possible, because I am always getting an error message.

The message is not very understandable though. Then I tried to download the newest OS image (which is 1.04 Build 18) and installed balenaEtcher. Very good I thought. But balena did not run at all. Except an empty white window balena does make absolute nothing.
Very sad story about RP. At the moment RP is not very useful for me. It is more a case for Ebay than for my lab.

Regards
Dieter

redpitaya
Site Admin

Re: Updating OS with balenaEtcher

Post by redpitaya » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:31 am

Dear Dieter,

Sorry for the late reply.

The Balena Etcher application does work; There here might be some settings on your computer preventing it from operating properly. We cannot help you here; please write to Balena Etcher support or look for a solution online.

If you are having issues with the router changing the Red Pitaya's IP, try setting a static IP address in the Network manager application (located in the System submenu):
https://redpitaya.readthedocs.io/en/lat ... rk-manager

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie