First time connecting to Red Pitaya

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
blacksea680

First time connecting to Red Pitaya

Post by blacksea680 » Wed May 31, 2023 6:16 pm

Hello, I have a STEM-lab 125-14 and I have been trying to connect to the main Red Pitaya page for a week now.
I have tried direct ethernet connection both to a router and to my PC, and tried static IP configuration as well, to no avail. I realized I only have the orange (not blinking) and green LEDs on, so I installed the latest stable SD card image and tried with the SD card to connect to the main page, but none of these worked. I keep getting the "cannot connect to the page" error message on Chrome. Does anyone have any idea what might be the cause?

Bulova

Re: First time connecting to Red Pitaya

Post by Bulova » Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:30 pm

Hello,

did you load the RedPitaya_OS_2.00-15_beta.img on your SD card? I had a very similar effect, when I started this newest OS. Only bright green LED and dim yellow LED, and nothing is going on.
Are you able to load one of the older OS versions like 1.04.28 or so? Maybe with this it will run. If this is the case, then it has something to do with identification your 125-14.

Look here:

https://github.com/RedPitaya/RedPitaya/issues/250

Best regards

Dieter

redpitaya
Site Admin

Post by redpitaya » Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:04 am

Hello blacksea680,

There are several different possible causes for this. Please let me know the following:
- Which OS do you have on your computer?
- Do you use any add-blockers (please disable them for the rp-xxxxxx.local/)?
- Does your computer support .local addresses? If not, please try to connect by typing in Red Pitaya's IP address
- Are you using a normal or External clock version of the Red Pitaya?

Here is a link with useful information:
https://redpitaya.readthedocs.io/en/lat ... connection
Also, please compare the status LED boot-up sequence to this one (it is a bit different on 2.00 OS where the blue LED does not turn on immediately):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xZCAkXAkw8

Please update me on the situation.

blacksea680

Post by blacksea680 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:44 am

Thank you for the replies, I tried connecting today again and this time the red pitaya had all the LEDs on correctly as in the video @redpitaya sent (red LED blinking, green and blue LEDs on). However, I still cannot connect to the Red Pitaya main page.

To give more information: I use Windows as my OS and my Red Pitaya is the normal version. I disabled all pop-up and ad-blockers and tried typing the IP address, which I obtained from a direct Ethernet connection to my laptop, but none of these worked. I'm not sure what else could be the problem since my SD card apparently works now according to the LED indicators.

redpitaya
Site Admin

Post by redpitaya » Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:59 am

I hope you are waiting 10 seconds after all the LEDS stabilize to allow the unit to boot up.
I would suggest spying on the boot sequence with the help of the console connection https://redpitaya.readthedocs.io/en/lat ... connection
and send us the result in the support email.

blacksea680

Post by blacksea680 » Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:27 pm

Thank you! Turns out the problem was connection issues with the ethernet, I fixed that and now I'm able to view the Red Pitaya main page. I appreciate all the help!

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie