How to get the ADC to run continuosly

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
whatup.itswhit

How to get the ADC to run continuosly

Post by whatup.itswhit » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:20 pm

Hi all,

I am coding in the Jupyter Lab on the Red Pitaya and was wondering if there was any way to have the ADC run continuously even after a trigger happens. What I have coded currently is a loop that collects data and then the program is triggered. Then, I have to apply a reset and then a start command. The reset and start potion of the code is slowing the program down by 8 microseconds and I need it to be faster. Is there any way to code it so that the ADC continues to run after the trigger so that I don't need that section of code? By the way I am coding in python.

Thanks for any help that can be offered!

juretrn

Re: How to get the ADC to run continuosly

Post by juretrn » Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:07 pm

Hi,

you can check supported acquisition-related API functions in https://redpitaya.readthedocs.io/en/lat ... cquisition

There, you will find the following Python function which does what you need:

Code: Select all

rp_AcqSetArmKeep(<enable>)
You should call this function just before setting the trigger source.

whatup.itswhit

Post by whatup.itswhit » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:55 pm

Our code is currently written using the mercury library instead of the rp where the rp_AcqSetArmKeep(<enable>) code is. Is there an equivalent for mercury? I just thought I would ask before I set out to completely rewrite our code using rp.

redpitaya
Site Admin

Post by redpitaya » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:47 am

Hello whatup.itswhit,

No, there is no such setting on the Mercury image. The problem with the Mercury image is that the settings and functions user are not documented well and do not encompass the full Red Pitaya functionality, which is why we moved away from it and completely remade the whole Jupyter Notebook

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie