Phase measurment of externally acquired signal

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
manojgulati

Phase measurment of externally acquired signal

Post by manojgulati » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:34 am

Hi,

I am doing common mode and differential mode EMI measurements from AC power line. I have to capture "phase" information along with magnitude of input signal. Please inform how to measure phase.

Thanks
ManojG.

john k2ox

Re: Phase measurment of externally acquired signal

Post by john k2ox » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:48 pm

Is this a two channel measurement?

manojgulati

Post by manojgulati » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:03 pm

Yes it is a two channel measurement. But please inform for both single and dual channel.

john k2ox

Post by john k2ox » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:51 pm

One channel is hard. You need to generate a local reference. This is done in digital wireless applications.

Two channels compare the phase of ch1 vs. ch2. You can use a 2 channel scope and look at the offset in time and calculate the phase.

The LCR app should also be able to do it. The app normally provides a signal to the DUT and uses ch1 to measure the DUT input and ch2 to look at the output.

The app then does the math to give you the amplitude and phase traces vs. frequency.

You should be able to put your two signals into ch1 and ch2 and read the phase difference.

I have not actually done this with the RP, but I do routinely make these measurements.

john

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie