Strange Issue Booting

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
Garry572

Strange Issue Booting

Post by Garry572 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:00 am

Ive had my Red Pitaya a few days and very excited with what it can do. Have an issue with the SD card card I'm using. It a Sandisk 8GB, and it seemed OK at first, but after a few reboots, it failed to boot up correctly. The console window showed that the image had uncompressed OK, but it wasn't able to read certain directories and therefore failed to initialize correctly. This happens about 80% of the time. Formatting the card in windows showed no errors, but strangely another card same size card, same manufacturer, works fine. Just wondering a card that works in other devices, doesn't work in the red pitaya

redpitaya
Site Admin

Re: Strange Issue Booting

Post by redpitaya » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:18 am

Qualification tests were perfromed with several micro SD cards on Red Pitaya in the development phase already. Most of the cards were functioning without any problems, while for a small number of cards we had to investigate further. The solution was in their reconfiguration which had to be set for proper operation with Zynq7000 SoC. The instructions can be found on Xilinx web page: http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/Prepare+Boot+Medium (correct number of cylinders has to be used).
I hope this helps
Best, Rok

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie