Red Pitaya APIs and SCPI is out! Check it!

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
redpitaya
Site Admin

Red Pitaya APIs and SCPI is out! Check it!

Post by redpitaya » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:28 pm

Hello guys,

as you probably read on our web page or DesignSpark, there are new ways of programming and controlling Red Pitaya, SCPI and APIs to be exact. You can create your own Red Pitaya Instrument and join a community of makers. Let us know how it goes.

Find out more at: http://redpitaya.com/make-your-app/

Red Pitaya team.

christoph

Re: Red Pitaya APIs and SCPI is out! Check it!

Post by christoph » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:57 pm

Could you please publish the sources of librp.so. I can't find it in the repo, why?

Is there any chance an continuous aquisition mode (withouot losing any samples) is coming, at least for low data rates? rp_AcqGetOldestDataRaw() in rp.h says "CAUTION: Use this method only when write pointer has stopped (Trigger happened and writing stopped)."

Kilroy

Re: DataV versus DataRaw question

Post by Kilroy » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:46 pm

So the librp is not open source?
Seems I have to switch ... :-(

I decided to go there beacuse I also need access to the GPIO extension and assumed that a "base library" is the base of all/most applications.

Regards
Uwe

Nils Roos

Re: DataV versus DataRaw question

Post by Nils Roos » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:53 pm

Kilroy wrote:So the librp is not open source?
As far as I know, the license status for the librp is still being discussed. (Chances are that the source will be published in the near future, but that is just my personal opinion)

Karri Kaksonen

Post by Karri Kaksonen » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:43 am

Closed source or some forgiving licensing is ok. With "forgiving" I mean that it is good to have a licensing method that does not force people who use it to publish their own sources,

Today when the library is still new and may have a few bugs you could share the sources with developers who need them and have them sign some non-disclosure paper. This is pretty much how commercial vendors operate also.

Kilroy

Post by Kilroy » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:36 pm

I agree.
Would also be great.
There seem to be some traps for newbies in the lib. Is there any chance to talk to the person in charge of the source code?
Regards Uwe

hadmack

Post by hadmack » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:08 am

I am very happy to see this SCPI interface and have been experimenting with it in Python. So far all is well, but where is the scpi-server source code? I realize that this is a new feature but I bought into the Red Pitaya platform under the assumption that the software would be open source. What is the plan for the this API? Will it be added to the github repository soon?

Thanks for all the great work so far!

redpitaya
Site Admin

Post by redpitaya » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:23 pm

Hi guys.

We are happy that you found APIs & SCPI helpful. :)
Developing of new APIs is still in process and when we finish you will be informed about everything.
We also notice that people are not informed with our current SW development inside Red Pitaya. That will be changed asap. On our web page we will put brief description of our development so you will see what is coming next.

Stay tuned and continue with good work. :)

Regards

xetani

Post by xetani » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:52 pm

Hello,
Using SDK-0.92.
I've tried using the generate arbitrary signal example and it works fine, however the channels behave very differently if you set a buffer size smaller than 16384. One repeats the buffer and gives a continuous signal, while the other simply outputs the buffer size difference as 0V. (With identical channel settings.)

So if the buffer size is say 50 and the frequency is set as rp_GenFreq(RP_CH_1, 125000000.0/16384);
one channel outputs a 2.5MHz signal (the continuous one) and the other a 7629Hz signal that has a single sine period of 2.5MHz and the rest is 0V.

Brano

Post by Brano » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:08 pm

Hello,
I tried to use I2C (from SDK 0.92), but without success.
As seen on oscilloscope, RP sends always 0x50 write byte at beginning either I send specific slave address or I don't send anything.
It looks like RP sends fixed slave address defined in library. Source code of library is not published, so I can't investigate the code.
(I2C clock signal is working on 400kHz, I used 4k7 pull-up resistors)
Could you pls provide working example on http://redpitaya.com/make-your-app/i2c/ ?
Here is my simple code:

Code: Select all

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include "rp.h"

#define I2C_ADDR_TEMPER    0b0011111   //0b0011A2A1A0

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
   fprintf(stdout, "Microchip I2C temperature sensor on RED PITAYA\n");
   if(rp_Init() != RP_OK) {
      fprintf(stderr, "RP api init failed!\n");
      return(0);
   }
   usleep(30000);

int result;
   char writeBuf[] = {0x05};
   char readBuf[2];

result = rp_I2cWrite(I2C_ADDR_TEMPER, writeBuf, sizeof(writeBuf)); // select register pointer: temperature register TA
   if (result != RP_OK) {
      fprintf(stderr, "RP I2C error(wrong slave addr)!\n");
   }

result = rp_I2cRead(I2C_ADDR_TEMPER, readBuf, 2);
   if (result != RP_OK) {
	fprintf(stderr, "RP I2C error!\n");
   }
   fprintf(stdout, "readBuf[1]=0x%02x, readBuf[0]=0x%02x\n", readBuf[1], readBuf[0]);  // temperature in 2 bytes

rp_Release();
   return(0);
}

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie