Scope memory depth?

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
MrBill

Scope memory depth?

Post by MrBill » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:07 pm

Hi, new to redpitaya and would to know about the memory depth possibilities. I did see a 16k memory in the wiki page. I am interested in deep mega to giga applications. With the SD card, USB or ESata interfaces could this be possible?

Bill

Nils Roos

Re: Scope memory depth?

Post by Nils Roos » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:25 pm

Hi Bill,

There are a few solutions that target larger storage for samples, melko's Non-stop data write on a storage device, the latest additions to the original Red Pitaya ecosystem, and my own project.

The big question is, what is your desired sample rate ? At the highest rates, there is simply no interface on the Red Pitaya to carry the full stream off-device in real time.

Arnold

Post by Arnold » Sun May 24, 2015 1:02 pm

zynq provides a SATA interface from what i see...
http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/Zynq-7000+AP ... mple+Setup
http://www.missinglinkelectronics.com/m ... -extension

could you store the samples and access one single SATA HDD or SATA SSD via a standard Linux block device interface?
...one single SATA I (1.5 Gbps), SATA II (3 Gbps) and SATA III (6 Gbps) host port.

Nils Roos

Post by Nils Roos » Sat May 30, 2015 1:01 am

The example you linked uses the GTX multi gigabit transcievers, which are only included in some of the larger ZYNQ models, but not in the 7z010 of the Red Pitaya.

There are sata connectors on the Red Pitaya, but they are not sata interfaces. The connectors have only been used because they are common (ie widely available and inexpensive) and suitable for high bandwidth transmissions.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie