Ethernet port flashing

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
patrickrho

Ethernet port flashing

Post by patrickrho » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:38 am

Whenever I have my micro SD card inserted with the extracted image, the RP does not boot but the ethernet port is flashing (even though I have no UTP wire connected to it). Both RX and TX leds are flashing at the same time at the rate of approximately 2 times a second. If I don't have the SD card inserted or have something else other than the provided image, this does not happen (but of course it does not boot).

Did i get a defective unit or is there a solution? Has anybody experienced a similar issue? What might be the problem?

Thanks in advance

Nils Roos

Re: Ethernet port flashing

Post by Nils Roos » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:19 am

It sounds to me as if something is not right with your SD card. How exactly are you preparing the card ?

For further analysis, could you connect a computer to your Red Pitaya's console port, as described in this chapter of the wiki, and post the output (if anything is printed) during boot ?

patrickrho

Re: Ethernet port flashing

Post by patrickrho » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:29 am

We've tried all sorts of things to make this work. We tried a couple of SD cards to see if problem is initiated from the SD card. We also tried to format the SD card via Windows as well as Linux and tried both FAT32 and FAT to no avail. Tried the newer image zip file as well as the one on the website.

The debug console does not output anything (although it lets me to connect) and the ethernet port is still flashing (only when we have the RP image on the SD card.. strange..)

We just concluded that it is a defective unit... and requested for a refund from the reseller. We just bought 4 more RP units and hopefully we will have a better luck this time.

Thanks

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie