RP with Beefier Zynq chip

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
jonbean27

RP with Beefier Zynq chip

Post by jonbean27 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:43 am

Hey All,

I'm new to the forum, so I am sure that this has been asked before:

I am presently implementing a high-speed/high-order IIR/FIR filter-- I'm targeting ~10 degrees of phase at 1MHz (unlike the one currently available in the ecosystem, implemented in software, with 360 degrees at 1kHz). This requires a LOT of dsp48 slices, and I'm getting squeezed (need a _lot_ of dynamic range, so it's 4slices/multiply! YIKES!). I think there is going to be enough space for a 5th order polynomial in each of the numerator and denominator of z-transform, which is nice, but not _that_ nice... I need more dsp48s, I think...

So the question is this-- is there anything in the works to use even the zynq 7020 in a future version of the board? I don't even dare hope for one of the Kintex models... Of course none of the others use the CLG225 package so it would require a complete redesign of the pcb, but maybe???

Cheers,
Jon

Nils Roos

Re: RP with Beefier Zynq chip

Post by Nils Roos » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:01 pm

I have no idea whether a 'beefier' version is on the horizon, but the ZYNQ 7z010 on the Red Pitaya is of the clg400 type, so upgrading it to the 7z020 clg400 would not be that much of an issue, PCB-wise.

jonbean27

Post by jonbean27 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:32 am

Really? Could I potentially _buy_ one from you with the zynq 7z020 installed? That would be baller.

I'll see how the filter design goes, and if it is a possibility to upgrade, I'll get back to you about it soon (hopefully it won't be necessary afterall!). This could be transformative for making low frequency feedback controllers for experimental physicists like me =D

Cheers,
Jon

Nils Roos

Post by Nils Roos » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:55 am

Sorry, but I am not affiliated with the Red Pitaya company, and as I said, I have no idea what their plans for future models are.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie