Downoload applications - Proxy Issue

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
STEINY

Downoload applications - Proxy Issue

Post by STEINY » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:59 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm an engineering student in internship and I got to work on a Red Pitaya.

I connected the RP via an Ethernet wire and everything is fine : I can access to the internet page via IP adress and SSH connection works well too.

However, I need to download applications ... and it won't work. Let me explain. As the majority of Universities/companies, network is protected by a proxy. Therefore, if I turn of the proxy, I can access to my RP's web page. And if I turn it on, I can access to redpitaya.com and bazaar .. But I can't manage to be on my RP's web page and download app' on bazaar ... :D

Am I the only one to have this issue ? How can I fix this ?

Any help welcome ! :roll:

Cheers,

Antoine

Oxthorp

Re: Downoload applications - Proxy Issue

Post by Oxthorp » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:26 pm

Hi Antoine,

Did you manage your network parameters on the RP to include this proxy ? (on the rcS file)

Regards,

Kevin

STEINY

Post by STEINY » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:49 pm

Hey Kevin,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply ;)

No I didn't. Can you show me how to do it ? I'm not sure where is the right place on the rcS file to place the proxy adress ^^

regards,

Antoine

jonbean27

Post by jonbean27 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:24 pm

I suggest that you go to the store, buy a cheapo router (TP-LINK TL-WR841N is $20 on Amazon), and plug both your computer and the RP into that. All of these problems then evaporate. (of course you'll need to plug the router into your network jack as well, so that you have internet access, but that should be straight foward I hope).

Cheers,
J

Oxthorp

Post by Oxthorp » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:20 am

Buy a router is a simple way, but in some universities or companies, you can't do that.

Take a look to this link : https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Proxy_settings
Maybe you'll find what you want. I never manage a proxy on my network so on my Redpitaya.

If you want more, help, you know where you can ask :)

Have a good day :)

STEINY

Post by STEINY » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:55 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the ideas ! Unfortunatly, I cant' buy a router and plug it in my universitie for safety reasons ...

I'll take a look to your link and keep you inform. A solution would be to connect at home and download applications. Then work on the RP at work. However my home is my work :lol:

Have a good day ! ;)

Nils Roos

Post by Nils Roos » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:44 am

If you have the application packages (zips), you can also unzip them into the /www/apps directory of the sd card (description with download links from the wiki).

STEINY

Post by STEINY » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:42 pm

Hey ,

Thanks Nils ! I've read an other time the wiki and found a little link in which we can find some Zip of latest development builds (archives) :

http://archives.redpitaya.com/

I did what you recommanded and it works. ;) I feel a little ashamed ahah because that was not that difficult ^^

Have a good day,

Antoine

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie