Recustomized the PS part

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
JasonRuben

Recustomized the PS part

Post by JasonRuben » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:33 am

Is it possible to recustomize the "processing_system" in the project given on RedPitaya-master.rar ?
The vivado 2014.4 always gives the message : 'processing_system7_0' is locked and cannot be customized

Anyone can give me an answer. Thanks in advanced.

Nils Roos

Re: Recustomized the PS part

Post by Nils Roos » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:39 am

When you open the project with a newer Vivado version than it was originally created with, you are asked if you want to migrate applicable IPs to the newer version or if you want to use the existing configuration in read-only mode.

If you choose read-only at that point, you will get the "locked" message whenever you try to edit the IPs.

To work with the project in a newer Vivado version you will have to migrate the IPs first in order to be able to reconfigure them.

JasonRuben

Post by JasonRuben » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:46 am

I did choose the migrate applicable IPs to the newer version, but vivado still implied the same message.
my vivado edition is :2014.4.
Is the problem will be solved if I change the vivado edition to 2013.3,
or is there any doucuments to tell me how to customize the ddr3 block, I use RP as a development board.
Thank you in advaced.

Nils Roos

Post by Nils Roos » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:59 pm

I can confirm that it is possible to alter the PS7 settings when you do a fresh checkout of the project and open it in Vivado 2013.3 .

Another matter is, why would you want to change the configuration of the DDR controller ? Every setting in there is tailored to the specific DRAM component soldered to the Red Pitaya PCB. Is something wrong with them ?

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie