Red_Pitaya_OS tutorial is very outdated and doesn't work.

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
Gulzt

Red_Pitaya_OS tutorial is very outdated and doesn't work.

Post by Gulzt » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:52 pm

The many tutorials on the wiki pages of Red Pitaya are way behind. When you're changing the layout, the image-files etc.. please keep testing your own tutorials and change them accordingly. Would save a lot of users valuable time.

I still never managed to complete these instructions:
http://wiki.redpitaya.com/index.php?title=Red_Pitaya_OS

The Xilinx tar ball appears to be corrupted (will fail downloading in the last 1%, either will miss something at the end of unzipping). It goes downhill from there. If you finally manage to run the make file it will generate multiple errors and takes days and days to all work out.

It took me forever to figure out I had to actually follow the README.md on the github page. Is it that much to ask to either bring down those wiki pages or refer to newer tutorials on those pages?

To make matters worse: you added the broken wiki page in the README.md..

This is one the many broken tutorials. "How to create your first Red Pitaya Web-application": same story

jobstulus

Re: Red_Pitaya_OS tutorial is very outdated and doesn't work

Post by jobstulus » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:04 pm

Well... they know.

I was also wondering about some points, but then i took a look on the main page:
http://wiki.redpitaya.com/index.php?title=Main_Page
"Important notice: We are just reviewing the content on WIKI after latest Red Pitaya OS release (24.9.2015), so please expect inconsistencies between instructions on WIKI and current Red Pitaya OS version."

Gulzt

Re: Red_Pitaya_OS tutorial is very outdated and doesn't work

Post by Gulzt » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:48 pm

:( It was not obvious from the route I followed. If I follow the path of instructions I'd eventually end up with the github, find a README.md there, and get redirected to the Wiki which is out of date.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie