release 0.94 Wi-Fi not working anymore

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
pavel

Re: release 0.94 Wi-Fi not working anymore

Post by pavel » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:41 pm

Hi,

I've just looked at the latest version of the Red Pitaya SD card image and found why Wi-Fi access point does not work: the access point configuration file (/opt/redpitaya/hostapd.conf) is not copied to the SD card image because of a problem in the image building scripts

As a workaround, I propose to run the following commands from the Red Pitaya command line to download the missing configuration file:

Code: Select all

/opt/redpitaya/sbin/rw
curl -L https://raw.githubusercontent.com/RedPitaya/RedPitaya/master/OS/debian/overlay/etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf -o /opt/redpitaya/hostapd.conf
/opt/redpitaya/sbin/ro
I've notified Red Pitaya developers about this problem via the following GitHub issue:
https://github.com/RedPitaya/RedPitaya/issues/37

Cheers,

Pavel

tony1tf

Post by tony1tf » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:14 pm

Hi Pavel

All this is supposed to be fixed now by Red Pitaya - version red_pitaya_OS_v0.94-RC19_31-Oct-2015
My wifi dongle now works and by default sets up an access point.
I was hoping to use this new version for using your sdr s/w.
However, I cant get into the system from the command line at the serial terminal - previous login no longer works. Do you know what the default user and password is now?

Tony

pavel

Post by pavel » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:57 pm

tony1tf wrote: My wifi dongle now works and by default sets up an access point.

However, I cant get into the system from the command line at the serial terminal - previous login no longer works. Do you know what the default user and password is now?
I'm glad that the new version finally works.

The default password for the root account is root

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie