Just about everything about Red Pitaya
Gulzt

Apps-free README.md guide does not run correctly

Post by Gulzt » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:37 pm

This is the README.md file on how to build the free applications:
https://github.com/RedPitaya/RedPitaya/ ... /README.md

I followed all the steps literally, and get errors while making the file:
I get errors such as arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi-ar: Command not found

Notice the xilinx this is not part of the linaro toolchain, so why does it occur?

Workaround:
If I make symbolic links in the linaro folder where I link arm-linux-gnueabihf-* to arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabihf-*

This does allow the makefile to run without a problem, but this just can't be right.

I just don't know enough about this subject, but a search on google tells me that the arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabihf- actually exists, but is not the one you download at linaro. Do I need it? Is the readme outdated too?!

Nils Roos

Re: Apps-free README.md guide does not run correctly

Post by Nils Roos » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:05 pm

The controller-binaries of the free apps are built in two versions, one that runs on the 0.94 ecosystem (controllerhf.so) and another one that is compatible with previous releases of the ecosystem (controller.so).

The arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi- toolchain - which is part of the Vivado installation - is used to build the app binaries for use on ecosystems <0.94 .
This does allow the makefile to run without a problem, but this just can't be right.
You are correct, because the apps that you produce that way can not run on older ecosystems. In effect, you build the new binaries twice under different names. But if you don't plan to install the apps on pre-0.94 Red Pitayas, your workaround is ok.

Gulzt

Re: Apps-free README.md guide does not run correctly

Post by Gulzt » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:47 am

Thank you for your explanation.

Confusing for sure.. uploading new imagefiles without new documentation or without warning about the possible inconsistency. As a user I find this very frustrating and not very professional..

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie