Measurement Difference Between LV & HV modes

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
glennholt

Measurement Difference Between LV & HV modes

Post by glennholt » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:46 am

I see a significant measurement difference between LV & HV modes for the same input signal. I've got a oscilloscope probe (set at x10) connected to the probe compensation waveform output on my Rigol 1052e. I should see right around 3V. In HV mode, I do, but in LV mode the RP oscilloscope tool measures 3.4V P/P.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Thanks.

jmontse

Re: Measurement Difference Between LV & HV modes

Post by jmontse » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:54 am

I also observed some minor measurement inconsistencies when changing modes.
It should be desirable to include an external calibration option so one can set the gain to match a know external DC level, both in LV and HV modes. If we could trust the RedPitaya generator output over a 50 Ohms load, then we could use it also as a reference to calibrate channel gain. Now I use it just to adjust the probe frequency response .
With the new version of payment oscilloscope+generator application, there is an option to configure the generator to deliver a DC level, so it shouldn't be difficult to implement the manual gain calibration to compensate for circuit and probes effects.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie