Cannot Identify My Red Pitaya via Ethernet

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
snyderna

Cannot Identify My Red Pitaya via Ethernet

Post by snyderna » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:15 pm

So I have just started working with my red pitaya and I have run into a problem. I've got the operating System loaded onto the sd Card. However when I plug it in search for any devices on my network it does not show up. I have used two different power supplies. When I plug it into the one power supply and the Ethernet port I get the green led and the yellow. When I plug it into my other power supply I get the green and yellow on however the blue led also flashes. I've tried using a different SD Card for the operating System. I have tried using a different compter. Nothing I've done has helped. If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it.

jmontse

Re: Cannot Identify My Red Pitaya via Ethernet

Post by jmontse » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:07 pm

You can connect using the usb console and check the IP assigned with the "ifconfig" command. It will list the IP of ethernet , if has obtained one,and then you can use the web browser pointing to this IP.

Anyhow, insure that you power supply is at least capable of delivering 2A at 5V.

snyderna

Post by snyderna » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:00 am

I have the device hooked up with a power supply outputting 5V and current limited at 2A. The device is only drawing 600mA though.

When I plug it into the power supply as well as via the usb and run the ipconfig command the device does not show up. The yellow light and the green light are on but that is all.

Any other ideas? I really appreciate the help :)

snyderna

Post by snyderna » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:01 pm

My computer recognizes the FTDI chip on the Red Pitaya however when I try using Tera Term to connect to the device I get nothing.

Also when I said that the yellow LED was on I didn't indicate which one. It is the number 8 yellow LED.

snyderna

Post by snyderna » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:13 pm

I'm sorry about the large number of posts. I just keep forgetting information.

It seems to me that my problem is very similar to viewtopic.php?f=8&t=319 individuals. However it does not seem like any solution was found.

Also I'm using a bench power supply and current limiting at 2A with 5V output. When I power the board via this method no matter what I have it connected to the green(P) LED and the yellow(8) are on.

If I plug it into my computers USB while the board is connected to the computers Ethernet port the green(P) LED and the yellow(8) LED are still on however now the blue(D) LED is blinking about 1 time per second.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie