X-Channel system and click shield

Placement, modules, components and accessories; the ones that exist and the the nice-to-be's
anarendiran

X-Channel system and click shield

Post by anarendiran » Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:58 pm

I bought the X-channel system for acquiring data from multiple channels. But the data rate is not satisfactory.
So now I purchased the chlick shields with the aim to capture data at around 100 Msps.
Are the X-channel secondary devices compatible with the click shields?
Is there a way to easily differentiate the primary and secondary devices by looking at them?

anarendiran

Re: X-Channel system and click shield

Post by anarendiran » Wed Jun 19, 2024 10:49 am

Is the oscillator setup shown on documentation applicable to X-Channel streaming devices.

Looking through the schematics and documentation I can see that X-channel secondary boards have resistors R27 and R28 (which are DNP on primary board) to enable FCLK_P and FCLK_N.

If my understanding is correct, I need to have zero ohm resistors on R23 and R24 and remove R27 and R28 to enable clock input from click shield. Can someone confirm this?

Also on the primary board I need to place R23 and R24 and remove R25 and R26 (but these two or not labeled on the schematic or board). Can someone point where these are?

redpitaya
Site Admin

Re: X-Channel system and click shield

Post by redpitaya » Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:45 pm

Dear anarendiran,

Thank you for writing to the forum.

There is a significant difference between the X-channel primary and secondary devices in comparison to the external clock devices which are needed for the Click Shields. The X-channel secondary devices receive the clock and trigger signals through the SATA connector, while the external clock devices receive the clock through the E2 extension connector.

Yes, that is correct - https://redpitaya.readthedocs.io/en/lat ... -adc-clock. However, please keep in mind that we do not advise altering the boards because users have reported problems after doing so. Every board made has undergone rigorous testing, which cannot be claimed for modified boards. Any non-Red Pitaya hardware modification will void the warranty, and we cannot guarantee support for modified boards.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie