Storage volume on SD-card

Placement, modules, components and accessories; the ones that exist and the the nice-to-be's
HFMeister

Storage volume on SD-card

Post by HFMeister » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:34 am

Hello

used a 32GB micro-SD-card for the REDPITAYA.
Now I use another 16GB SD-card for REDPITAYA and want to use the 32GB SD-card with full storage
within another device like camera.

Question: how do I get the full storage volume back on the 32GB SD_card?
The REDPITAYA system formats its own way, leaving most of the storage volume unused and not acessible!

Salue

Nils Roos

Re: Storage volume on SD-card

Post by Nils Roos » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:47 pm

The Red Pitaya image for the sd-card devides the free space into 2 partitions with fixed sizes. If you want to use the card at full capacity again, you have to remove these 2 partitions and create a new one that encompasses the whole card.

How to do that depends on the operating system you are using. You can find instructions how to repartition sd-cards in your OS with your search engine of choice.

KausthubK

Post by KausthubK » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:38 pm

Similar question:
can i simply format the remaining sector into a new ext4 partition (with a tool like gparted) and then mount that from within my RP via ssh?

Nils Roos

Post by Nils Roos » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:45 am

Sure. The Red Pitaya runs a normal linux - even though its inventory of device drivers is a bit lean.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie