change 125MHz

Placement, modules, components and accessories; the ones that exist and the the nice-to-be's
epielettronica

change 125MHz

Post by epielettronica » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:47 am

I need to acquire for more time than your max 8sec at max decimation:
can I increasing decimation?
or increasing frame buffer length?
or decreasing base frequency 125Mhz?
(my scan time can be 1mS or less)
Alternatively:
I don't like to acquire in polling because I've more red-pitaya sincronized with the same hw trigger and I want the same time-base
but if there is a single fast command to read IN1 and IN2 such as 'ANALOG:PIN? AIN1' I can try to create my server to do that.

Nils Roos

Re: change 125MHz

Post by Nils Roos » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:58 pm

can I increasing decimation?
or increasing frame buffer length?
or decreasing base frequency 125Mhz?
You can do all of these things, but each one would require changes to the logic design or to the hardware itself, or both.
I don't like to acquire in polling because I've more red-pitaya sincronized with the same hw trigger and I want the same time-base
You can combine trigger and polling. If you set a large trigger delay (beware: not possible through RP api / scpi-server), the RP will keep writing samples into its circular buffer until the counter runs out. If you wait for the trigger and start polling afterwards, polling will be synchronized between all your RPs (within the limits of their respective clocks).

You could also tweak the AXI ADC example, which can use a much larger buffer.
if there is a single fast command to read IN1 and IN2 such as 'ANALOG:PIN? AIN1' I can try to create my server to do that.
There is not, but it wouldn't be very complicated to write one.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie