RP's RF inputs

Placement, modules, components and accessories; the ones that exist and the the nice-to-be's
candz

RP's RF inputs

Post by candz » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:14 pm

Hey - I got RP two weeks ago from RS. Followed quick start guide and booted it. LED indications seems normal, I can register online (via WiFi) and access the instruments through the browser. However, the scope cannot read anything. There is a 4-ms offset for the 2 V jumper settings. Also tested 20 V settings, nothing. I have put several signal sources, starting with finger in the scope probes. I can verify every component using another scope. So my the inputs are muted.

Has anybody ever experienced this?!
What could I be missing?
Any piece of advice is appreciated.

regards,
Claro.

candz

Re: RP's RF inputs

Post by candz » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:40 pm

i meant 4-mv offset, indeed
I did not mention the spectrum analyzer also sees no input signals, only demo signal

Nils Roos

Post by Nils Roos » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:55 pm

Hi,
I think you are trying to use the Pro apps without having a license installed. Without a license file, the "Oscilloscope Pro" and "Spectrum Analyzer Pro" are running in demo mode, where you can only measure the signal of the internal generator.

If you want to use the free apps, use the "Application Marketplace" to install the free applications. If you have a license for the Pro apps, but don't know how to activate it, ask support@redpitaya.com for help.

Oh, and I guess you are running the latest stable build. In that case, when you install applications from the marketplace, you can only use apps with version 0.94 or higher.

candz

Post by candz » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:46 am

thanks a lot, Nils.

I am using OS 0.95-1, that is the one suggested in the quicks start guide.
Although I followed the guide, I was missing the bazaar - which made me unhappy.

Maybe this is something to consider next time someone edits the documentation?

Cheers,
Claro.

redpitaya
Site Admin

No more demo mode!

Post by redpitaya » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:32 am

Thank you for posting.
Newer builds do not require a license. Since release 0.97 all applications are unlocked by default. Users don’t need to register or apply unlock keys anymore.

To benefit from the new software environment you just need to update the OS image on your SD card.
Here is a step by step tutorial: https://redpitaya.readthedocs.io/en/lat ... Dcard.html
Just one warning, please backup first your content or maybe use another SD card for this, as there is one option missing, the visual programming part. This was removed also because less than 1% of customers was using it and we were paying unnecessary licence fees for it.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie