Is it possible to produce a modulated output ?

Placement, modules, components and accessories; the ones that exist and the the nice-to-be's
DrBeauWebber

Post by DrBeauWebber » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:51 am

i.e. is it possible to multiply one output channel by the other channel, to get an amplitude modulated waveform ?
Or alternatively, is it possible to rapidly change the generated amplitude or frequency to achieve a similar effect ?
cheers, Beau

Nils Roos

Re: Is it possible to produce a modulated output ?

Post by Nils Roos » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:51 am

A lot of things are possible, it mostly depends on the amount of effort you are prepared to invest.
is it possible to multiply one output channel by the other channel, to get an amplitude modulated waveform ?
Yes, by adding a multiplier into the output streams within the FPGA logic.
(low effort, but requires some FPGA knowledge)
Or alternatively, is it possible to rapidly change the generated amplitude or frequency to achieve a similar effect ?
Frequency: yes, a moderately simple C program can update the generator frequency at a rate of more than a million times a second.
Amplitude: yes, by adding a multiplier into the output stream within the FPGA logic and writing a program to control it.

You should probably also take a look at Pavel's SDR projects. There's a lot of modulation involved in SDR :D

APP_IE_2018

Re: Is it possible to produce a modulated output ?

Post by APP_IE_2018 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:24 pm

Hi,

Where can we find the "moderately simple C program [that] can update the generator frequency" that you are talking about ?

I have a similar problem because I want to generate a signal swept in frequency.

I tried to generate one arbitrary waveform with the entire signal but with the generating sampling rate at 125Msps and a time-signal length of 34ms I have a ~130mo file...

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie