FPGA not able to drive GPIO and LEDs andb oard heats faster

Placement, modules, components and accessories; the ones that exist and the the nice-to-be's
carlos.e.teixeira

FPGA not able to drive GPIO and LEDs andb oard heats faster

Post by carlos.e.teixeira » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:49 pm

Hi everyone! I hope some of you could be me!

I don't know how it happened, my RP is no longer able to drive the user LEDs and the GPIO (located at the extension connector).
Actually, when I try to turn the led on, I verify that the light is not strong enough, just a low light.
In addition, I'm not able to control the GPIO ports. Some times, the voltage level corresponding to '1' is about 2.6V, and not 3.3V.

I noted also that the board heats faster than before.

However, I can access the board via SSH and send/receive some commands and data. For example, I can (for a while) call the acquire function and see the data being plotted normally.
I have already checked all voltage levels through the available test points. Everything is okay!

Do you have any suggestion?

Thank's in advance!

Best regards!

Nils Roos

Re: FPGA not able to drive GPIO and LEDs andb oard heats fas

Post by Nils Roos » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:04 pm

Are you using FPGA bitstreams or bootloader (boot.bin) other than the original ones from Red Pitaya?
These symptoms could be caused by damaged bitstreams or bootloaders, but they could also indicate imminent hardware failure. If you only used the original software, I'd contact support@redpitaya.com about it.

carlos.e.teixeira

Post by carlos.e.teixeira » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:49 pm

Hi Mr. Roos!

Yes, I'm using the orignal software.
After checking all voltage levels (via test points on the board) I tend to think this problem is due to a hardware failure.
Probably the DC-DC converter or the Zynq Power, according to the RP schematics v1.0.1 (both are showed in the attached file).

Since the RP documentation doesn't provide any further information about these parts, I would like to replace them.
Do you know the partnumber of them? Also, do you know where are they located?

Thanks in advance!
I appreciate your help!
Regards!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nils Roos

Post by Nils Roos » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:52 pm

Since the RP documentation doesn't provide any further information about these parts, I would like to replace them.
Do you know the partnumber of them? Also, do you know where are they located?
Sorry, I don't have access to more info than you can get from the schematics and from looking at the board.

carlos.e.teixeira

Post by carlos.e.teixeira » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:47 pm

No problem, Mr. Roos!
I appreciate your help!

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie