Ambient temperature sensing

Placement, modules, components and accessories; the ones that exist and the the nice-to-be's
arlederman89

Ambient temperature sensing

Post by arlederman89 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:52 pm

Hi Folks,

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with ambient temperature sensing. I know you can monitor the temperature of the Zynq chip and that there's the extension board that the Grove temperature sensor is compatible with, but I'm looking for something more compact. Perhaps something that can be installed on the main board? Apologies if this is a naive question!

I am using the impedance analyzer extension board already, so both of my input channels are in use.

Thanks,
Addie

carlos.e.teixeira

Re: Ambient temperature sensing

Post by carlos.e.teixeira » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:14 pm

Hi Addie!

Since you have 4 analog inputs available on the Extension Connector E2, it is possible to use them to read analog voltages from 0V to 3.5V (). Then, you can use temperature sensors such as TMP36 or LM35. It is a straightforward process. Take a look here for more information about how to read analog voltage on slow analog input.

Best regards!

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie