Fastest slow DAC rate

Placement, modules, components and accessories; the ones that exist and the the nice-to-be's
JohnnyMalaria

Fastest slow DAC rate

Post by JohnnyMalaria » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:02 pm

Hi,

How fast can the slow DAC generate signals?

I need to generate 3 voltages sync'd to the same clock. Two are both ~40MHz. The third is sinewave up to 1kHz superimposed on a ~0.5 to 2Hz square wave. Hence, I'll want to generate the waveform at about 10Ksamples/second.

Right now, I am heading down the road of using two RPs connected via the SATA ports. I had hoped slaving the clock of one RP to the other would be straightforward. There is a blog that begins to describe this but it is incomplete. Koheron have a solution but I'm struggling to get it to work. Anton Potočnik's blogs have been a revelation and gave me a much better understanding of creating bitstreams etc.

Now I have an idea that if I build a custom bitstream then I could generate the third signal using the 125MHz and a clock counter to generate an appropriately slow clock. This would mean I could do everything on one RP.

Is this viable?

Many thanks,

John.

amike88

Re: Fastest slow DAC rate

Post by amike88 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:58 am

You could use 2 fast analog outputs for the 40MHz signal and use 1 of the 4 Extension connector, for the slow output.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie