Inverter 'on the wall'

Placement, modules, components and accessories; the ones that exist and the the nice-to-be's
osvaldo

Inverter 'on the wall'

Post by osvaldo » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:25 am

Good morning everyone,
I would like to ask a few question, hoping that it is not too profane because although I have some little theoretical notion from a practical point of view, I do not have much experience.
I have in my hobby multi-workshop with a single-phase 3 Kw-220 V power supply, different machines driven by three-phase 380 V motors converted with capacitors for 220 V two-phase operation.
Everything works except for a gigantic as ancient (1951) band saw 2.6 Kw that I can’t get running due lack of starting torque in two-phase mode.
To solve this problem I was thinking in using a single-phase 220V/three-phase 380V 3 Kw inverter;
• Will it possibly work?
However, it would be very convenient for me to be able to also operate the other three-phase machines by the same inverter, removing the capacitors from the motors and returning them to three-phase operation.
Particularly on an equally old and big wood lathe would be enormously useful the speed adjustment obtainable from the inverter.
At this point I ask myself:
• is it possible to place the inverter 'on the wall' and permanently connect the different three-phase motor using cables from 4 to 20 feet?
• Is it possible to use more than one motor at the same time?
• Are the inverters usually equipped with self-protection against overloads or used in that way am I likely to burn them?
Finally, a possible advice on what to buy.

Thanks a lot to everyone's attention.

HD13

Re: Inverter 'on the wall'

Post by HD13 » Sun May 06, 2018 12:25 pm

If you have an inverter whit 1 fase input 220Vac output is max 3x220Vac.
Most 1 fase inverters are around 2.2 kW.
Bigger ones might be available but are not so common.
Because the input current gets bigger than most residential systems are designed for.
Be aware you can only run 220/380Vac motors but in delta configuration.
If you want to run different motors on it you have work whit different parameter sets, each motor its own set.
Inverter is used to protect motor, if you have the settings wrong motor gets damaged.
And motor damage could also damage the inverter.
Its is possible to run more motors at the same time on one inverter.
But the total power must be equal or less then the inverter power and you need some extra hardware.

Are you sure you 220/380Vac and not 230/400Vac already ?

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie