Hermes Ctrl Outputs

Placement, modules, components and accessories; the ones that exist and the the nice-to-be's
bobltx

Hermes Ctrl Outputs

Post by bobltx » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:10 pm

For some unknown reason E1 pins 11,13,15 and 17 are sitting at low on my RP with the SDR application. They were switching the band pass filters quite happily for the last couple of years
now they will not change. Pins 7 and 9 still function with no problem. The pins in question were
driving a CD4028B as part of the switching curcuit.
I have tried another SD card image in case it was a software fault.
Does this mean my RP is now not suitable for purpose and is now to be assigned to the bin :roll: ?

redpitaya
Site Admin

Re: Hermes Ctrl Outputs

Post by redpitaya » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:18 am

Thank you for posting!

Definitely it is not a question about not suitable for purpose. Actually what you are doing is a very nice use case of the IO. It might have been an early release missing functionality.

bobltx

Post by bobltx » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:35 am

Thanks for the reply.

Could you clarify a little more i.e. can "missing functionality" be sorted by a firmware update?
It was working very well and in use most days without problem but the low pass filters now have to be manually switched. :geek:

redpitaya
Site Admin

Post by redpitaya » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:40 am

Can you please verify that the pins are still working? The concern is they might be damaged.

bobltx

Post by bobltx » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:47 am

Thanks for your concern.
As far as I know the pins in question are still not functioning, band switching is now done by manual switch. I will remove it from the case and do a check as soon as I have some time, I am busy with volunteer work for the next four days so time is a little restricted. E1 pins 7,9,11,13,15,and 17were driving a CD4028B, pins 7 and 9 driving the RF gain circuit and were not changed very often. The band pass filter pins 11,13,15 and 17 were switched more frequently. Pins 7 and 9 were still functioning normally when last used but nothing is in use at present due to very strong winds removing my aerials :cry:

bobltx

Post by bobltx » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:12 pm

Have just done a retest and the problem is the same: pins 7 and 9 are switching the RF gain circuit as normal but pins 11,13,15 and 17 no longer function when a band change is requested. I built up a simple test rig using 4 LEDs fed with 10k resistors to the 5V supply and they do nothing on those 4 pins. Rather indicates that the onboard chip now has a fault.
Such a shame as it was working very well.

redpitaya
Site Admin

Post by redpitaya » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:23 am

Happy new year and thanks for testing out that. It seems that the pins were subjected to some back EMF and burned out. We can offer you an repair/replacement deal. Please hit me up on support@redpitaya.com to discuss your options for an RMA & repair.

bobltx

Post by bobltx » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:18 pm

Happy New Year to you all.
Have sent an email to support@redpitaya.com as suggested.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie