2-port VNA

Placement, modules, components and accessories; the ones that exist and the the nice-to-be's
StephaneGosselin

2-port VNA

Post by StephaneGosselin » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:36 am

Hi all,

Can you transform the Redpitaya into a two-port VNA by buying two VNA modules ?

Do you know if the app that's already developed can handle this possibility ?

How would this affect the calibration ? We would probably need a calibrated through on top of the rest.

Thanks for developing this great tool !

pavel

Re: 2-port VNA

Post by pavel » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:48 pm

Do you know if the app that's already developed can handle this possibility ?
The FPGA code is already connected to both inputs and outputs. So I think it can be used as is for the 2-port configuration.

The server code running on the Red Pitaya board has all the controls for two outputs and reads and transmits the I/Q samples from both inputs. So it can also be used as is.

The Python client analyzes the I/Q samples only from the first input. It has no code for 2-port calibration and measurements. While adding code for 2-port calibration and measurements should be relatively easy, changing the graphical interface would likely require a lot of work.

If you don't need a graphical interface and you use Matlab, 2-port calibration and measurements can be easily added to the example at the following link:
https://github.com/pavel-demin/red-pita ... tlab/vna.m

redpitaya
Site Admin

Re: 2-port VNA

Post by redpitaya » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:00 pm

Definitely not possible at this point but why do you ask?

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie