Pitaya does not turn on, only orange LED lights up

Placement, modules, components and accessories; the ones that exist and the the nice-to-be's
ms3452

Pitaya does not turn on, only orange LED lights up

Post by ms3452 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:10 pm

I tried to measure the gain I get from an audio amplifier using the red pitaya oscilloscope/function generator. As soon as I hooked the pitaya up to it, it switched off and has not been turning on since. When I try to start it, only the orange LED is lighting up at a low brightness (not blinking, but constant light). The pitaya has been working flawlessly before.

According to the documentation the orange light indicates no access to the sd card. Also the green light not turning on indicates an issue with the power supply. I am using the original power supply that came with the red pitaya. Could it have been broken in the process of measuring the audio amplifier gain?

I checked with a multimeter how much voltage comes out of the audio amplifier, and it's not more than 600mV (although it's rated up to 12V, so potentially there might have been a higher spike or so?). That doesn't sound enough too completely fry the pitaya to me.

Has anybody been in a similar situation? Any ideas how to get more information about what's wrong with it?

ms3452

Re: Pitaya does not turn on, only orange LED lights up

Post by ms3452 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:32 pm

Quick update: This morning I was able to boot the Red Pitaya and test some of its functionality. It gets very warm and crashes every few minutes (I am using the aluminium case btw).

Something is off with Output 1 (the one I was using to test the Audio Amplifier). Rather than putting out a sinusoidal signal, it puts out this nonsinusoidal signal with an offset:

Output 2 seems to be working fine still:

redpitaya
Site Admin

Post by redpitaya » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:01 pm

It can happen that the Voltage offset between the 2 devices was greater than the maximum voltage of the Red Pitaya unit. ESD also is common problem especially when the winter is coming and the specific clothes generate it easily. Please contact support.

redpitaya
Site Admin

Post by redpitaya » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:35 pm

Black Friday 2020 is here!

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie