Win 10 et ethternet !!

Placement, modules, components and accessories; the ones that exist and the the nice-to-be's
ninivincent

Win 10 et ethternet !!

Post by ninivincent » Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:51 pm

ethernet win 10 reste en statut "connection limitée" Impossible de connecter RP. Pas de problème sur un autre pc avec win 7 (même cable) :evil: :evil:

M0JPI

Re: Win 10 et ethternet !!

Post by M0JPI » Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:50 pm

I hope you won't be offended by me replying in English. I like the engineering practice when building the Concorde aeroplane the engineers spoke in their own language, and listened in the other.

I'm not part of the Red Pitaya company. I have the Red Pitaya connected to my Windows 11 laptop through Ethernet to a router. Are you connecting via a router? Or directly to your Windows 10 computer? Connection via a router would be my preference.

The documents have a connection guide. There is also a connection troubleshooting FAQ page.

What is the state of the LEDs on your RP board? What power supply are you using for the RP board?

John M0JPI

ninivincent

Post by ninivincent » Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:36 pm

Thank's a lot for your reply ! All de LEDS. are ok, the power supply is my lab power supply 5V 5A and the cable is ok..... :( :( :( :( the problem is WIN 10 !!! it's ok with WIN 7 PRO . I have tried a lot of solutions (youtube) but nothing is working .

M0JPI

Post by M0JPI » Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:16 pm

It's good news that your LEDs are ok. Which Red Pitaya board type do you have? Most of the boards have a USB console connection, the STEMlab 125-10 is the only one that needs a USB to serial converter for a console connection.

Can you access the console port and run:

Code: Select all

ip addr show eth0
On my board this shows the MAC address, link local address and the DHCP address assigned by my router to my Red Pitaya board. If I unplug the Ethernet cable, the command still works, but only shows my MAC address and link/ether details:

Code: Select all

ip addr show eth0
2: eth0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state UP group default qlen 1000
    link/ether 00:26:32:f0:xx:xx brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
    inet 169.254.xx.xx/16 brd 169.254.255.255 scope link eth0
       valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
    inet 192.168.xx.xx/22 brd 192.168.xx.255 scope global dynamic eth0
       valid_lft 7185sec preferred_lft 7185sec

redpitaya
Site Admin

Post by redpitaya » Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:25 pm

The board should work regardless of the operating system you are using.

The LEDs being OK means that there is most likely a problem with the computer settings.
Please make sure that you have DHCP enabled, and are using an up-to-date google chrome browser with the adblocker disabled.

You can also try to check if the firewall has, for some reason, blocked the connection.
Otherwise try the board with another laptop/computer running Windows 10 and then compare the settings.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie