Schematic of RP Front End

Placement, modules, components and accessories; the ones that exist and the the nice-to-be's
john k2ox

Schematic of RP Front End

Post by john k2ox » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:50 am

The ADC on our open source RP has 750 MHz of analog bandwidth. What that means is that it is capable of sub-sampling signals up to 750 MHz. That's a lot more capability than the 50 MHz single shot BW we are stuck with.

I'm quite sure RP has a 50 MHz or so anti alias filter, but I don't have a schematic. Taking a close look at the board it appears there are two paths into each ADCs. One path goes to the SMA input connector and a second (differential?) path is on the board, but doesn't have any components. I want to use that input.

How about releasing a circuit diagram of the input?

Regards,
John

Nils Roos

Re: Schematic of RP Front End

Post by Nils Roos » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:20 pm

I whole-heartedly second that idea.
Me and other users I talked with were wondering for some time already why the schematics have not been made public.

With respect to the unpopulated channels on the PCB, I think what you are referring to are the unused negative lines of the differential output paths. The input amplification stage seems to connect to the ADC with differential lines already.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie