New to Redpitaya

Placement, modules, components and accessories; the ones that exist and the the nice-to-be's
kavilshah

Re: New to Redpitaya

Post by kavilshah » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:32 am

Hi Nils..
Thanks again...

I have one question regarding external trigger...
I am able to get my signal at each trigger....now i have to generate file (XML file) for each trigger...
so what I have to do??

at RP oscilloscope trigger source is set to be external...and trigger mode is set to be normal...and i ecternal trigger is applied at E1 connector..

Tell me what should I do to generate file at each trigger...

Nils Roos

Post by Nils Roos » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:04 pm

Hi,

To do a recording of data to an xml file each trigger, you will need to write an app that does it. The existing applications don't have that functionality.

You can start with edgo's calibration aware acquire tool and modify it to suit your needs. You'd need to set the trigger correctly, and then include a mechanism to write xml data from the acquired samples when a trigger event occurs.

Happy hacking
Nils

kavilshah

Post by kavilshah » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:19 am

hey Nills...
thanks for the reply..
can you provide the solution for the same requirement but now file should be generated in Excel sheet.
so what can i do??

kavilshah

Post by kavilshah » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:12 am

HIii
can you give me idea about multiple triggering...??
i want to acquire data on each positive edge of multiple number of pulses(trigger pulse)...
i am giving continuous sine wave to fast analog channel 1 of redpitaya . please suggest where should I place train of trigger pulse?at extension connector E1 or at channel 2??

and at the same time i want to generate file (Excel sheet) from putty utility command..
waiting for your reply...

Nils Roos

Post by Nils Roos » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:34 pm

Hi,
kavilshah wrote:i want to acquire data on each positive edge of multiple number of pulses(trigger pulse)...
i am giving continuous sine wave to fast analog channel 1 of redpitaya . please suggest where should I place train of trigger pulse?at extension connector E1 or at channel 2??
I'd say, if it is a train of digital pulses, connect it to the external trigger input on E1.
kavilshah wrote:and at the same time i want to generate file (Excel sheet) from putty utility command..
waiting for your reply...
I am pretty sure that the Red Pitaya does not have any software to write excel files. As before with the xml, you would need to come up with your own. Search the googles and stackoverflows for suitable solutions.

Cheers
Nils

kavilshah

Post by kavilshah » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:14 am

okk

then tell me other technique to store my acquired file.

For example we have PuTTy commands and with the use of acquire utility i can save the acquired file into tmp file in <root >. and then it can be copied with winSCP. so can u suggest me the what should i do for this at the time of triggering??

Nils Roos

Post by Nils Roos » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:23 am

You will need to change the acquire utility.
Right now, acquire can only do "Auto"-trigger. You must change acquire.c so that it can set trigger mode "Normal" and trigger source "External".
Then, each time you call acquire, it will wait until a trigger event occurs and output the acquired data. Save these values and call acquire again ...

kavilshah

Post by kavilshah » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:00 am

thanks for the answer..
i'll try for this...

kavilshah

Post by kavilshah » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:39 pm

hey...
Can anyone tell me about LabVIEW drivers ??
Is any LabVIEW drivers available for Red pitaya??/

redpitaya
Site Admin

Post by redpitaya » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:48 am

Hello,

Currently not. But we hope that drivers for LabVIEW will be available in a month or two.

Stay tuned!

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie