LED 8 always on, normal?

Placement, modules, components and accessories; the ones that exist and the the nice-to-be's
MarioVogel

LED 8 always on, normal?

Post by MarioVogel » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:42 pm

Hello,

today i got my RP, the up to date ecosystem-0.92-65-35575ed is on the SD-Card.

Is it normal that LED8 is always on? LED 8 is not as bright as the other LEDs if they are on.
If no SD Card is plugged in, then LED8 and the green LEDs are on.
If the SD Card is plugged in, then LED0 is blinking, LED8, the green and the blue LEDs are on.

Is there a way to test also LED 8 and LED 9 like the other LEDs 0-7 (monitor 0x40000030 0xFF all on monitor 0x40000030 0x00 all off)

Nils Roos

Re: LED 8 always on, normal?

Post by Nils Roos » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:15 pm

Hi,

It is normal that LED8 is on at reduced brightness.

There was a post on how to switch it off on the old forum, but that is gone now and I can't for the life of me remember how it was done exactly. It involved sending a specific command to some linux device driver, not complicated, but the details elude me.

LEDs 8 and 9 can not be accessed through the monitor utility, of that much I am certain.

The green LED is the power indicator. The blue LED is on when the fpga has been successfully programmed from the SD card image.

Nils Roos

Post by Nils Roos » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:32 pm

Lookit that, it was still there, only not easily found: old forum post regarding LED 8

MarioVogel

Post by MarioVogel » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:02 pm

Hey THX!

Very good, the led turned off! But after cycling the power the LED is on again, it isn't fixed in the new ecosystem.

For all here the Solution again:
redpitaya> echo 0 > /sys/class/gpio/export
redpitaya> echo out > /sys/class/gpio/gpio0/direction
Other question:

Successfully initialized wpa_supplicant
rfkill: Cannot open RFKILL control device
ioctl[SIOCSIWAP]: Operation not permitted
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Invalid argument
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Invalid argument

Why i get this Errors? Im connected with a WLAN edimax ew-7811un Stick in client mode over a router.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie